Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RUSSIA is innocent - what is happening to the world? Россия восторжествует!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why it's clear it's a setup by The Sun to boost its newspaper sales.

The latest stuff to come out of the UK Gov to "prove" it's Russia is a letter written by Mark Sedwill: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...dossier-claims

Not entirely sure how exactly this letter proves anything, so here's proof Theresa May does goats instead - caught in the middle of the act no less: https://www.sickchirpse.com/wp-conte...heresa-MAy.jpg

What the UK has (and something I can agree with as there's certainly a basis for it) is suspicion, but this is a far flung difference from proof. Maybe a dictionary is in order?
    Last edited by MartyG; 13-04-2018, 13:55.

Comment

Related to this is the recent Syrian chemical weapons attack.

I do not believe for a second that the winning side would attract attention by using chem weapons. Yet the UK and US governments say they did so right now we're bombing them.

Did we learn nothing from Iraq and the lies about Saddam's WMDs? It's been clearly proven that we went to war based on lies, in the Chilcot report, and yet we are repeating history.

I am incredulous at the stupidity of our governments, and a society which believes their lies. Assad is the only figure capable of maintaining peace and order in the region - we should be supporting him, like Russia, in order to keep that region in check. Instead we encourage chaos by opposing him.

I see on my Facebook feed people whining about the need to bring real democracy to Syria.

Democracy?

**** democracy.

You know what democracy gave us? Donald Trump and Brexit, two of the biggest trainwreck cluster**** dumpster fires of the 21st century.

Democracy needs to be eradicated.

Comment

I wouldn't be so quick to throw Democracy in the bin, just the people abusing it. It's quite clear why Theresa May wouldn't go to Parliament for approval ... because she wouldn't get it. The White House released a statement as to its evidence

The United States assesses with confidence that the Syrian regime used chemical weapons in the eastern Damascus suburb of Duma on April 7, 2018, killing dozens of men, women, and children, and severely injuring hundreds more. This conclusion is based on descriptions of the attack in multiple media sources, the reported symptoms experienced by victims, videos and images showing two assessed barrel bombs from the attack
        So basically it's based on what Trump's seen on Facebook and Fox News, rather than wait for the inspection teams to do their assessment (which they were due to start today). Much in the same way weapon inspectors in Iraq weren't given time to finish their job (and we all know how that turned out).

If every country went around bombing each other based on suspicion rather than evidence, there wouldn't be much of the planet left to live on.

The full statement is listed here: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/13/read...-in-syria.html
        Last edited by MartyG; 14-04-2018, 12:54.

Comment

Last edited by MartyG; 14-04-2018, 14:35.

Comment

Called it:
            The substance used on Sergei Skripal was an agent called BZ, according to Swiss state Spiez lab, the Russian foreign minister said. The toxin was never produced in Russia, but was in service in the US, UK, and other NATO states.

Comment

Nice impartial news site is RT.

Comment

First responses in the comments tell you all you need to know about the readership.

Comment

Aaaah, I think Sketcz has stumbled on the real conspiracy here- it's all the Jews' fault!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                    It's being reported in the Washington Post now: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.179e8876d10a

The OPCW now need to make the full report public.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      They will obviously have a pro-Russian bias, naturally, but this means they will actually give air time to verifiable counter points - such as this Swiss lab report - unlike the BBC which simply won't cover news items which go against its agenda.

Can you recommend an impartial news site which will actually cover these items? (A thanks to Marty for the Washington post link.)

Comment

I asked that question a while back too. Whilst I don't trust the pro russian site scetcz linked, I also don't trust BBC or sky news. Would like a news site that's just news, not stories or opinion pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          Would like a news site that's just news, not stories or opinion pieces.
                          People on my FB feed often link to news items by The Canary.

News item seem good, though there's quite a bit of op-ed pieces.

Comment

You can't get any more biased than The Canary Good for raising interesting points, but will only ever show one side of the story at all costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              I asked that question a while back too. Whilst I don't trust the pro russian site scetcz linked, I also don't trust BBC or sky news. Would like a news site that's just news, not stories or opinion pieces.
                              The credibility is waning because they're not challenging the UK Gov's claims but just regurgitating it verbatim. We're expected to believe that for example, the emails of the Skiprals have been hacked for the last five years by the GRU - but there isn't proof, there's only a claim - a claim by the government that the media is simply repeating.

It is little wonder then, that between this and the lies that the government has previously been caught in, that people are questioning what they're being told.

Comment

France’s foreign ministry has said it is “very likely” that proof has disappeared from the location of a suspected poison gas attack in Syria, adding it was essential that international inspectors be given full access to the site.
                                The ground work is being laid for OPCW finding nothing in Douma.

Comment

Working...
                                X